Battlestar Wiki:Original Series Article Development Project
The Original Series Article Development Project is a long-winded title for a fairly large project to develop articles relating to the original Battlestar Galactica.
- 1 Featured Content
- 2 Article Todo List by Episode
- 2.1 Saga of a Star World
- 2.2 Lost Planet of the Gods, Part I
- 2.3 Lost Planet of the Gods, Part II
- 2.4 The Lost Warrior
- 2.5 The Long Patrol
- 2.6 The Gun on Ice Planet Zero, Part I
- 2.7 The Gun on Ice Planet Zero, Part II
- 2.8 The Magnificent Warriors
- 2.9 The Young Lords
- 2.10 The Living Legend, Part I
- 2.11 The Living Legend, Part II
- 2.12 Fire in Space
- 2.13 War of the Gods, Part I
- 2.14 War of the Gods, Part II
- 2.15 The Man with Nine Lives
- 2.16 General
"The Man with Nine Lives" is the current featured episode. Contributors are encouraged to watch the featured episode and update its episode summary and help work on the episode's to do list.
Article Todo List by Episode
Feel free to add to the list of any episode, or add an episode that hasn't been listed yet.
Saga of a Star World
A transcript of the episode can be found here.
Articles that have been worked on, but need verification before crossing out as completed.
- Arts and Entertainment of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - tucana singers, gambling
- Blonde Taurus - seems pertinent enough for an article of her own...
- Added bit about "most practical form" as well as the "bigger, stronger, interchangable parts"
- Fashions of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - more screencaps and descriptions of carillon patrons, maybe add the council's dress (especially the more diverse opening council)
- Gold Cluster - to be awarded to Apollo, Starbuck, and Boomer by Sire Uri, the military's highest honor
- Government of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - government, Quorum of Twelve (TOS), concept of referendum on Carillon (disarmament issue)
- Imperious Leader - one of the main eps for this character
- Society of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - society, such as religion (Otori sect)
- Technology of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - Languatron, etc.
Lost Planet of the Gods, Part I
- ale - swiped for the party
- Cylon listening post - needs a second verification
- Some confusion on the raider count.
- Imperious Leader - at the beginning (should we note the peace offer discrepancy between the epilogue and this ep?)
- Lucifer - first mission
Lost Planet of the Gods, Part II
- Needs audio capture (according to talk page). --Steelviper 12:47, 16 January 2007 (CST)
The Lost Warrior
- bachelor officer's quarters
- Hatari sector
- Recon Probe 3
The Long Patrol
- Aerian merchant code - used by Robber, Cassie recognizes it
- Alpha Six quadrant - mentioned by CORA?
- asteroid dust
- Crodan - where the "agro parts" were going to
- Deathstone - terminology (instead of own page), tombstone
- Frodo system - Where Frodo moved from after the Shire became a boring place for him... it is now filled with some "nasty buggers"
- Laser generator - Viper part that makes the lasers go, removed from the Recon viper
- Could possibly be merged with Laser pump. See talk page.
- Maitre d' - added pic and added a reference to his explaination of the "before the war" comments
- Pulse generator - Viper part related to engines, extra one added to Recon viper
- Quintara - the star cluster mentioned in a deleted scene
- Sanitation ship - spoils the view (but not really)
- short range marker beacon - used to track the Recon viper without breaking comms blackout
- Starchaser - name painted on the side of the Recon viper
The Gun on Ice Planet Zero, Part I
7-11: a game that Boomer mentions that Cree's instructor may be playing back on Galactica Would be better as redirect to Arts and Entertainment of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) --Serenity 13:06, 16 January 2007 (CST)
- Arcta - spellcheck of aricle name against subtitles, concordance says Arkta
- armament room
- Barge Lice - reference points to Baltar's escape, but may be from Gun (I or II)
- Grid Rats - see above
- Moved to Prison Barge inmates, with redirects.
- computer room
- Diethene - scary gas on Arcta
- Deathpoint - temperature at which diethene-rich air turns liquid
- Kalpa snow garrison
- Killian - viper pilot who gets iced by the big gun when he escorts the shuttle
- Hand mine - cats
- Ice Station Thula - Boomer served here
- Medical analyzer - device Leda asks for after crash to check wounded
- Mount Hekla - where the big gun is
- Sector Hekla - where the shuttle crashes on Arcta
- Sector Sigma - space location of Arcta
- Solonite - spellcheck against subtitles
The Gun on Ice Planet Zero, Part II
energy exchange pump - widget destroyed to have the pulsar destroy itself
The Magnificent Warriors
- Forced nitron field
- Lord of Bellarium
- Orion checks
- Quantum - unit of currency on Sectar
- Zeta Quadrant - location of Sectar
The Young Lords
- Adama's quarters - needs a pic
- Attila - spellcheck, I've seen Attila, Antilla, etc.
- Canus patrol - the patrol that attacks Starbuck and Boomer
- Command chamber
- Delta-class planet - Description of the planet
- Metron bomb - Lucifer says Specter's getting an awful lot
- Omega sector - location of the planet
- Petro - another suspicious horde item, possibly petroleum reference?
- Scorched planet policy - variation on "scorched Earth" developed by Specter
- Tin cans - terminology, euphemism for Centurions/Cylons (is a redirect to Centurions (TOS))
- Worship bell - rung by the Cylons to indicate agreement with the exchange of prisoners
The Living Legend, Part I
- Apollo (TOS)
- Baltar (TOS)
- Battle of Caprica - Adama calls the "Battle of Cimtar" the "Battle of Caprica".
- Battle of Molecay
- Elders of Kobol - apparently had very young wives, says Apollo to Starbuck
- Fifth Fleet
- Starbuck (TOS)
- tinhead - Bojay uses the term to derisively describe Cylons
- Uniforms (TOS) - just to see if anything cosmetic was missed
The Living Legend, Part II
Fire in Space
- Boraton mist control center - maybe a redirect to "battlestar", and mention its existence in there.
- Centura - list of terms, "Adama doesn't have a chance in a centuron if..."
- Compartment bulyarks
- Finite microlaser - surgical tool used by Salik when working on Adama
- Fireleader - head firefighter
- Fumarello case - a case for holding fumarellos, maybe equivalent to a humidor?
- Galactica (TOS) - We can use some of the info in this episode to expand a bit on the layout.
- Gyro - redirect to battlestar, mention that gyros are part of the navigational/stability control
- Laser scalpel - yet more doctor gear, another entry for the life sciences page as well
- Life mask - see breather
- megapressure pump
- scanners - sensors, Galactica has hers knocked out by the exploding Raider
- telecom - term for internal comms, redirect to list of terms
- ultrasonic scrub - preop sterilizing procedure, maybe put a see-also to trek's "sonic showers"?
- Uniforms (TOS) - Need to add the fire clothing, space suits, and surgical scrubs depicted in this ep.
- Wavelon - used in this ep
War of the Gods, Part I
- bio-robotics institutes - mentioned by Salik as being possibly advanced enough to make an android that could pass as human
- great powers- Iblis claimed they destroyed his ship
- Hades hole- hell hole
- House of Kobol- Iblis mentions the colonials are members of the House of Kobol
- hypernutrients- suggested to be given to Iblis, some sort of life sciences tech
- respiratory probe- life sciences redirect, plus note
- tallon plant- food crop for the fleet, used by Iblis in a "miracle"
- wing command- supposed to give Apollo red squadron's coordinates
War of the Gods, Part II
- balcon infusion - life sciences term used by the beings of light
- Diaboles - Apollo calls Iblis this when his true nature is revealed
- Iblis' ship - Picture and article done. Verification needed.
- Mephistopheles - redirect to Iblis, add note
- Prince of Darkness - redirect to Iblis, add note
- life station relief - term for sick call
- restons - term used by beings of light regarding health condition
The Man with Nine Lives
We should probably do a series of articles similar to the RDM "Twelve Colonies" series that Peter started. Here's an idea:
- Fashions of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - Covers the clothing and other "bling bling", since it's pretty unique.
- Arts and Entertainment of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - Good place for triad, pyramid, and minor games we see in the series (in particular this would be a great place for those games we see in "Fire in Space")
- Technology of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - tech and all that
- Government of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - government, Quorum of Twelve (TOS), and all that jazz
- Society of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - society, such as religion
- Life Sciences of the Twelve Colonies (TOS) - Covers the medical and psychological aspects of the Colonies, in progress
- List of Warriors - analog to List of pilots (created 1/16/07, but sorely needing an update)
- Unnamed Battlestar Galactica personnel (TOS) - analog to Unnamed Battlestar Galactica personnel
- I'll start this one as named... do we want to port it over to unnamed characters like the RDM version is now? --Steelviper 08:14, 17 January 2007 (CST)
Pictures needed for...
- Maybe the big blue squadron/galactica logo that's up in the officer's club? --Steelviper 08:14, 17 January 2007 (CST)
- Military Ranks (TOS) - could use some color