Classic Battlestar Galactica 1
From Battlestar Wiki, the free, open content Battlestar Galactica encyclopedia and episode guide
An issue of the Dynamite series.
|Cover Artist(s)||Talent Caldwell (with Matt Banning and Dean White)|
|Collects||Caldwell Negative Art Cover|
Dorman Virgin Cover
|Collected in||Classic Battlestar Galactica|
|None||Issue 1||Classic Battlestar Galactica 2|
|Available at BOOKSAMILLION.COM - Purchase|
|Available at Amazon.com – Purchase|
|Available at Amazon.co.uk – Purchase|
|Available at Things From Another World - Purchase|
- Commander Adama and Colonel Tigh send Apollo, Starbuck and Boomer to a Colonial satellite planet, Maytoria, occupied primarily by Sagittarians to retrieve several ancient books located there.
- However, the Cylons occupy the planet, and are guarded by three basestars.
- To even the odds, the Vipers are equipped with experimental stealth equipment to avoid detection.
- Serina, Boxey and Muffit see off Apollo.
- The Colonial Warriors manage to avoid detection by the basestars until Boomer collides with a Cylon Raider.
- Boomer's Viper crashes, but Apollo and Starbuck continue their mission. The Cylons manage to lock onto Starbuck and shoot him down as well. Apollo is forced to withdraw and return to Galactica.
- Starbuck witnesses Centurions carrying Boomer's body, and assumes he is dead. After managing a painful wound, he passes out for a time, only to find himself too close to other Centurions, which he dispatches.
- Athena is upset at the news of Starbuck's apparent demise. Apollo begs his father to stay in the area, but the commander believes the threat is too great.
- On the planet, Starbuck dons a portion of the Cylon armor as a makeshift attempt at camouflage, and hikes toward the city and two basestars, looking for any downed Vipers to salvage a communicator.
- He finds a Viper, but its comm system is down. He finds a portable communicator but it is damaged when another Cylon squad finds him.
- Starbuck is shot directly in the chest, but the Cylon armor saves him. Weaponless, he runs.
- Managing to get a weapon, but outnumbered, the situation is bleak until a massive explosion destroys the bulk of the Centurions.
- A tall beautiful brunette says "You look like a man in a spot of trouble" as other humans destroy the few remaining Cylons.
- According to the question section in Classic Battlestar Galactica 3, this comic series, based on characters and events of the Original Series, are adventures that, like its comic series based on the 2004 "Re-imagined" television series, occur "in-between" the canonical aired episodes.
- Without much preamble, the characters are launched to a mission.
- Based on the dress of Serina (still wearing her familiar robes from after the Battle of Cimtar), this adventure occurs before the Fleet's encounter of Kobol in "Lost Planet of the Gods, Part I".
Dave Dorman cover.
- Classic Battlestar Galactica 1 - Regular Edition at Dynamite Entertainment