|Propulsion:||2x fuselage housed sublight engines |
2x nacelle housed sublight engines
|Crew:||~150 (minus pilots)|
|CO:||Commander Ozar (At time of loss)|
|Role:||Battleship / Carrier |
|Armaments:||12x primary guns |
~4x missile tubes
DRADIS absorbent hull plating
|Aircraft:||Small Viper Mk. III detachment |
Small Raptor detachment
|Aviation facilities:||1x flight deck |
Viper launch tubes
|Fate:||Destroyed, Battle of Djerba, YR58 (42 years BCH)|
- For other uses of the word Osiris, please see: Osiris (disambiguation).
Osiris (0913) was an Orion class "pocket battlestar" in the Colonial Fleet, during the First Cylon War. It served in a semi-secretive role during the war, having been hidden away by Colonial admiralty. At the time of its destruction, Osiris was attached to the 54th Battlestar Group.
Osiris first entered service sometime before the tenth year of the First Cylon War, but was reported as destroyed in an earlier engagement with Cylon forces. However, in reality the ship was hiding in Cylon-held space as part of a secret "ghost fleet" the Colonial admiralty was assembling as part of an effort to strike at the Cylons.
Sometime after being hidden away, Osiris is tasked by the admiralty for a combat jump to Djerba, as part of a mission to deliver false intelligence to the Cylons in preparation for a new Colonial offensive.
Battle of Djerba
- Main article: Battle of Djerba
Osiris successfully completes its jump to Djerba, but a Cylon basestar jumps in shortly afterwards. Initially the Cylon DRADIS cannot detect the ship due to its hull DRADIS-absorbing qualities, but the ship is eventually located when Commander Ozar pushes ahead with the mission, and powers up for attack.
The ship is quickly overwhelmed by the more powerful basestar, and suffers numerous hits in the initial assault. Commander Ozar gives the order to launch the nuclear warheads, but the missile launch systems were compromised by a prior hit. In order to protect those on the planet, Ozar gives the order to charge the basestar, and requests manual control of the warheads. Not long after, a massive burst of radiation was detected, and DRADIS contact with both vessels was lost. Days later, a Colonial SAR mission located two survivors, Raptor pilot Ensign William Adama, and his ECO, Junior Lieutenant Coker Fasjovik, who were assigned to the mission on the surface of Djerba (Blood and Chrome).
- Commander Ozar - Commanding officer
- Unnamed Executive Officer played by Ty Olsson
- Unnamed Marine played by Leo Li Chiang
- Lieutenant Zachary Elias - Viper pilot, battlestar Valkyrie
- Lieutenant Jim "Sunshine" Kirby - Viper pilot, battlestar Valkyrie
Raptor 909 approaches Osiris.
- Osiris is an Ancient Egyptian deity of the afterlife, the underworld, and rebirth. An apt name given the significance of battlestar Osiris during the First Cylon War as a member of the so-called "ghost fleet."
- Designation revealed on the ship's patch.