User talk:Zarek Rocks
As I hope you already know I have been working on translating articles into Japanese. I have noticed that I can translate a lot of these articles into Japanese. I have the vocabulary, what I don't know I can look up, but my grammar isn't there. Is this a project that I should be pursuing if my grammar isn't 100%? I feel like even if I wasn't on completely, I could still save whoever comes (maybe no one) after me. If I had the articles mostly translated they'll have to fix parts of an article rather than translating and writing entire articles. Before I continue on with anything else I wanted to see what my fellow bsg wikipedians think. please respond on my talk page User Talk:Zarek Rocks, I'll be posting this there as well. Thank you all for your advice, it's really appreciated.
- I vote go for it. It seems like half the battle in getting an article done is getting it started. Once the initial hurdle is cleared and the article is named correctly, categorized, and linked to, everything seems to take off from there. My 2 cubits anyway...--Steelviper 21:44, 6 February 2006 (EST)
- Personally, I follow the saying of "Being there is half the battle." Thus, as long as the main content is there, someone with the grammar know-how can always come up behind you and tweak the article. Remember that this is more a community effort -- no one is expecting any one person to shoulder all the burden. -- Joe Beaudoin 22:23, 6 February 2006 (EST)
- Well if the great Joe says I should push forward I'll assume that everyone else is chanting so "So say we all!" Thank you both for your comments. I'm going for it then.
- I'm willing to help too and would like to start making character pages (basic info to start) but would like to discuss naming issues with you for things such as episode names, character rank titles and stuff like that. Yashiko 18:56, 8 March 2006 (CST)
- I'm probably easiest to contact by email at yashiko61@gmail(dot)com. As well, I have put into katakana most of the character names. When I am done that (depending on how long it takes me to finish a couple papers I'll be working on this weekend) I'll start a template and atleast get the character pages started. Yashiko 13:44, 10 March 2006 (CST)
I have about three years of Japanese under my belt, although my memory is pretty lousy and I never got to any sophisticated grammatical structures (relative clauses and suchlike). Anyway, if you want someone to proofread a passage you're not certain about, leave a message for me on my talk page and I'll see what I can do. --Peter Farago 02:24, 7 February 2006 (EST)