Talk:List of Comics
- In regards to the Wikipedia article, we do have individual pages for each comic book, so the info is segmented (and thus the main article is smaller). After all, our page is called a "List of Comics", which does its job with links to each subsequent comic. Granted, the stuff about the old comics on the WP page is interesting -- but I have a serious problem with it. After a brief review of the article, a majority of it doesn't seem to be very well sourced even by Wikipedia's standards; the only two links of notable reference are in regards to the comics for the re-imagined series. Of course, I don't say that to disparage anyone, but as a constructive criticism. So if you feel that the info is lacking, then by all means feel free to add any information necessary, as long as it is cited from reliable sources. :-) -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate 06:50, 19 October 2006 (CDT)
The Realm Press comics do exist. I've seen them at a local comics store although I haven't bought any yet.--Kravotran 22:41, 19 October 2006 (CDT)
Cleanup and Expansion
This article needs a few things:
- Adjustments in its formatting. It may be that Original Series and Re-imagined Series comics should have their own separate lists.
- Addition of the Realm Comics series (see note above in this talk page)
--Spencerian 12:13, 22 February 2007 (CST)
I don't like how this page tries to be a category. We should use categories themselves to organize.
I'm preparing to reorganize the various continuities, using categories, to make them easier to view:
- By publisher
- By series or story arc, if limited-run series
- By continuity (this is already done with the separate continuity tagging)
I've begun by creating a category for the Dynamite comics series, which are the currently active publications, but will backdate through earlier comics. I may begin a project that, like the Original Series development project, calls out to the masses (genus: homo sapiens fanboi ) to fill in the synopsis of these comics.
Once the categorizations are done, this page will be an encyclopedic summarization of the history of Battlestar comics, with perhaps contrast and comparisons, and be renamed. -- Spencerian 10:30, 23 April 2007 (CDT) (Talk - Contrib Skillz - Edit Skillz)
- I'm all for this. On my end, I've begun ordering the new BSG comics, namely the Zarek ones, since that storyline is of interest to me. Yeah, I'm a Richard Hatch fan... bring it. :-D -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate
- Since my last comment, the article has actually become a nice summation on BSG comic history, and should stick around. We still shouldn't list every comic, but create articles for them, categorize them, and leave the category links per publisher. --Spencerian 08:17, 9 May 2007 (CDT)
Boiler plate overload
This page is getting a little like wikipedia with the stipid boiler plates. three in this case. Are they all really neccesary? Perhaps they could be combined into one custom one? --Mercifull (Talk/Contribs) 03:08, 9 May 2007 (CDT)
- I agree. Since the information here is about the comics published and not the comics themselves, it shouldn't be necessary to use the sep-con banners. I'm going to remove them, but maybe add a special note about the continuities. --Spencerian 08:12, 9 May 2007 (CDT)
- So, The Cylon Wars -> Origins and Year One -> Season Zero? Probably old info from the first announcements that never got changed. :( --Serenity 10:59, 28 September 2007 (CDT)
Minor error with Cylon War
Dynamite's Cylon War miniseries is incorrectly listed as The Cylon War. I know, I know, it's a minor nit, but if we're going for accuracy, then "the" should not be there. I'd change the invididual item listings, but all four pages also have "the" in the title, and that would break the links. Can this be fixed? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Liquidcross (talk • contribs).
- Yes, this can be fixed by merely moving the pages. I've given you move privileges, so merely click the "move" tab on the top of the pages that need to be moved. Redirects will be created, so that no links are broken. That said, I strongly suggest correcting anything linking to the redirects and link to the article directly. Clicking on the "what links here" link at the bottom of the appropriate page will give you a list of what pages link to a) the page via redirect and b) the page directly. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks! :) -- Joe Beaudoin So say we all - Donate - Battlestar Pegasus 02:20, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
- Awesome. I'll get to work on it within the next few days. -- Liquidcross 04:44, 7 March 2010 (UTC)